Motions to Amend the Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes Progressive Conservative Association Constitution
The purpose of these Motions is to amend the Riding Constitution to:
- reflect the updated name of the riding;
- bring the structure of the executive into conformity with the structure recommended by the provincial party;
- provide flexibility on the method used to provide notice to members of annual general meetings and delegate selection meetings, in light of changing technology and readership habits.
Motion number one:
That the title and Part 1 of the constitution be amended by deleting the words “Leeds-Grenville Provincial Progressive Conservative Association” and replacing them with the words “Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes Progressive Conservative Association.
Motion number two:
That the constitution be amended by deleting all of Part 5 and replacing it with the following:
- THE EXECUTIVE
- Members of the Executive must be members of the Riding Association and shall consist of the following:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Membership Chair
- Fund-raising Chair
- Up to 25 area directors
- Ex-officio members of the executive will have full voting rights and consist of the following:
- Immediate Past President
- The elected PC MPP or the immediate past Candidate of Record;
- The President of the Riding PC Youth Association, if any.
- The Executive shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Riding Association, and shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting.
- In the event of the resignation of an Elected Officer, or if any Elected Officer is absent from three consecutive meetings of the Executive, the office shall automatically be declared vacant. Such declared vacancy may be reversed by a majority vote of the Executive.
- Any vacancy occurring in any office may be filled by Executive appointment for the balance of the term of office.
Motion number Three:
That the constitution be amended in Part 9 (Annual General Meeting) by deleting the following sentence: “Additional notice shall also be given at least fifteen (15) days in advance of such meeting, by means of an advertisement placed in newspapers having daily and weekly circulation in the Riding” and replacing it with the following: “Additional notice shall also be given to members at least fifteen (15) days in advance of such meeting, by means of e-mail, mail, telephone or such other means as the Executive deems appropriate.”
Motion number Four:
That the constitution be amended in Part 13 (Delegate Selection Meetings) by deleting the words “advertisements placed in newspapers having a daily or weekly circulation in the Riding” and replacing them with the following: “e-mail, mail, telephone or such other means as the Executive deems appropriate.”